Thursday 2 January 2014

Day 2 of the train to Siberia


Another relaxing day. Roy made boiled eggs for breakfast and I had some oats. Reading, sight seeing, eating and drinking.

View most of the day. It looks cold.
At the station stops, the coal supplies are loaded from a tractor. The coal is put in a fire in each coach for heating and there is an urn attached with hot water to use.
Loading up our coal.
Every stop, a guy walks the length of the train, knocking off ice. I think it's from the toilet.
It's cold now.
We had beer and chips and relaxed into the journey.
Look Judes, the Ale you gave Roy for the train

At one of the stops, where the temperature measured minus 7, I took myself for a run to the end of the train and back. I could feel the cold air go deep into my lungs and by the time we were back in the cabin I was coughing like a TB patient. Guess the cold is not good for the cough I thought I was over. At the next stop, after dark, it was snowing properly for the first time and the station thermometer this time showed minus 10. Getting colder! We snuggled back into our comfortably warm cabin and watched 'From Russia With Love
on my phone/tablet.

No comments:

Post a Comment